Sunday, January 3, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Merry Christmas and Happy 2010! I hope your holidays were as great as ours was. We were so busy, yet got to spend plenty of time relaxing. It was really nice for us to be able to spend so much time together this break. I think our lives are about to be turned upside down!

Here is how we spent our break:
  • We finished Little Miss Tucker's room! It was a true labor of love (with lots of emphasis on LABOR). It will be the cutest nursery in Georgia though! Thanks to all who helped...Graham, Mom, and Dad. It was a LOT of work. We've been working on it since Halloween! We are still waiting on some furniture and bedding to be delivered. I'll post pics when it's completely finished.
  • Celebrating our friends' engagement! Garn and Rachel got engaged in Central Park right before Christmas. Garn was Graham's housemate before we were married and Rachel was Whitney's college roommate. We couldn't be happier for the two of them and are looking forward to all of the wedding festivities in the next year. The four of us kicked off the wedding celebration by a dinner at our favorite restaurant in Atlanta!
  • Christmas Parties! We went to several and had fun catching up with all of our friends. I went to a cookie-making party at my friend Sarah's. Of all guests (most of whom were drinking), I made the biggest mess and dropped the most icing on the carpet. Too bad there are no prizes for that :) We also got to go to a Christmas party with some of the guys and gals from Graham's old school. They are lots of fun and we were glad to catch up. The most fun party was the Annual Duesenberg Christmas Party. This year's theme was "No Pants Party." You could dress however you wanted, but it couldn't have an inseam. Graham and I wore tree skirts. Garn wore an apron. Chris (my bro-in-law) dressed up as Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Pics are below!
  • New Years Eve and Outback Bowl! Graham and his family spent New Years Day watching Auburn beat Northwestern in Tampa. It was an exciting and unpredictable game. I was sad to not spend New Year's Eve with him, but at 34 weeks, it's really too late for me to be traveling. I had a low key New Year's Eve with girlfriends. We went to dinner and the girls all got martinis. Our waitress brought me a sprite in a martini glass! It was fun to just pretend!
  • Shopping! From new irons (obviously for Graham), to baby clothes (a bikini!), to baby furniture, to a new kitchen table, we got it all covered over the break.
  • Going to the doctor...34 week appointment. Graham was able to go with me since he was off. The baby is still measuring 2 weeks ahead. We have an ultrasound next week and are excited to see our girl again. Her heart rate and my blood pressure and weight are still good, so he doesn't seem to be concerned.
  • Relaxing! I eeked out every nap I could because I will soon forget what those are like. We enjoyed catching up on our stacks of books to read, DVR queue, and bowl games. Anyone else watching Jersey Shore?
  • Spending time with family...with as involved as we our with both of our families, and the size of Graham's family, we were surprisingly able to squeeze in almost all of our family traditions for another year. As our family grows next year we will probably make some changes so we can start our own new traditions.
We are grateful for how blessed we are and know that 2010 has even greater things in store for us. Thanks for being part of our lives!

No Pants Party Pics





No comments: