Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's Official!

My doctor told me today, "It's official! You are pregnant!" Umm, news flash! Where have you been the last 3 months? I guess hearing the heartbeat makes it more official.

Yup, I got to hear the heartbeat! Doctor used the doppler and it was so cool to HEAR it. Up until now, I'd only seen it via the ultrasound. It sounded just like a heart beat. Ba doop ba doop ba doop ba doop. Don't you just feel like you were there? I asked him if he was sure it was the baby's and not mine and he laughed. Apparently a heart rate in the 160's is not normal for a pregnant mom lying down.

But speaking of me, I got a good report. Bloodwork looks good. Tests that he wanted to be positive were positive and tests that he wanted to be negative were negative. Iron, platelets, blood pressure, and weight were all good. I even found out my blood type!

By the way, did you vote? Girl or Boy? I still haven't voted yet because I haven't made up my mind!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All good news! I vote that it'll be a boy. Love, Grandma