We went to Lake Oconee for the 4th. It was my 3rd 4th there! Wait, does that make sense? Third 4th? Get it :) Hudson will also made the trip, so there was lots of fetching, splashing, and rescuing. I wish I'd taken videos this time. You already have seen how much he loves the water and fetching his football. He also likes to "save" people. If you jump into the lake and make a splash, he will drop his ball and run straight after you. Most of the time he'll land on top of you. Since he doesn't really have his rescue technique perfected, he just swims in circles around the rescuee until he's convinced they aren't drowning. Then he goes back to looking for his ball.
The Tucker's are infamous for causing [unintentional] trouble at Lake Toal. Two years ago while Zach Tucker was supervising the bacon in the toaster oven, it caught on fire. After someone brilliantly poured sugar on the fire it got bigger. After beating the crap out of the flame and finally finding the fire extinguisher, the fire was out. Last year, Graham Tucker was in charge of throwing the anchor in the water at the sandbar. When Adam said the magic words of "go ahead and throw the anchor in," Graham did just that. He threw the anchor in. The problem was, there was no rope attached. This year was my year. I just new I was going to screw something big up. I had a little hope that it might actually be Hudson that caused the Tucker trouble this year, but there was no trouble. By anyone. Lake Toal survived the Tucker's on the 4th of July.
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend:

No comments:
Post a Comment