This one was written on June 24th, but for some reason is posted out of order.
On the same day I got to first see our precious baby's heart beat, I was told I look like a cow!
We went to the doctor yesterday for my first ultrasound. I was a little nervous because I have been reading a lot online, at this point the chance of a viable pregnancy is 50/50. Just some friendly advice to expectant mothers: the internet is a bad BAD place and all expecting mothers should stay away at this point.
Doctor began the ultrasound and was showing me the womb, amniotic fluid, and OUR BABY! Then it disappeared. He started talking about interference and couldn't get a good picture or show me the heart. He turned off the machine and turned to me and said, "we are going to need you to go empty your bladder." That was the interference? Whew...In my mind there was no baby or there was some other complication. When we resumed, I could see our little jelly bean as clear as a bell. The heart beat was more of a flicker, blinking at us. It was present nonetheless! I think it's worth noting that there was just ONE heart beat. 127 BPM.
I guess we didn't really know what to expect, but we were both a ball of nerves and EXHAUSTED by the end of the appointment. Don't get me wrong. It was VERY VERY exciting. It was just anxiety central!
We went to lunch with Carolyn, Zach, Abby, Hannah, and William after the appointment. While waiting for our food with Hannah, William, and Zach, the Chik-fil-a cow stopped by our table. Still a little shy, Hannah jumped into my lap. After convincing her that the cow was "cool" because he's friends with Aubie (Auburn Mascot) and Belle (from Beauty and the Beast), they were doing high 5's and making funny faces at each other.
After lunch, I gave Hannah a high 5 and apparently made a funny face. She turned and [LOUDLY] announced, "Lawul, you are so silly. You look like a cow." Wow...if she only knew that's how I'm starting to feel!

No comments:
Post a Comment