I've had that old Deadeye Dick song going through my head all day. Maybe it's because I've become a temporary vegetarian. Meat was really starting to get on my nerves.
It started with chicken. Although Graham is a en fuego grillmaster, his chicken started to gross me out a little bit last week. Then I bought some already cooked chicken to make chicken salad with for the lake (since I can't eat sandwich meat). I made chicken salad Wednesday night and ate a little sample. It was pretty good! The next day when I opened the refridgerator to pack the cooler I was nearly knocked over by the smell of chicken salad. It hadn't gone bad or anything, I just have superpowers now. My sense of smell is crazy. It did NOT smell delicious.
At the lake, we cooked meat after meat. There were hamburgers, hot dogs, sausage, ribs, shrimp, and of course [bleh] chicken salad. While eating our meat feast with 15 of our closests friends on the 4th, I quietly leaned over to Graham and told him he had BETTER get those hamburgers away from me fast. They were on a plate in front of me. I came close to tossing them to the other end of the table.
Spending the weekend queasy and hating meat was no fun! When we got back Sunday I announced to Graham and my family that I've become a quasi-vegetarian. I'm hoping this will not last the whole time, but for right now the baby and I are meat free.
Don't worry. I'm not going to go hug a tree or stop shaving my legs or anything. I'm just quitting meat indefinitely.

No comments:
Post a Comment