Thursday, June 2, 2011

16 Month Checkup!

I know my last post was about Audrey's 15 month checkup, but this one is about MY 16 month checkup. After my last clean bill of health in December, my cardiologist put me on a 6 month schedule.

So much has happened in the last 6 months, that I knew this was going to be a long appointment! I was so happy to update my doctor with my job change and to "talk shop" with him. I also told him about my vision of starting a PPCM support group as well as trying to gather survivors, friends, and family to raise money for vital research. He was very open and supportive to my ideas and volunteered to help where HIPAA didn't stand in the way. WIN!

My physical exam went well. BP, pulse, stats, etc. He has ordered another echo cardiogram. The echo tells you what your EF (ejection fraction) is. Around diagnosis in mine was 30ish (heart was working at 30% capacity). Six weeks post partum it was up to 55ish. This echo will be important to see if I've sustained my recovered heart. The physical exam led him to believe it would. WIN!

--However--

I've had shortness of breath with no exertion for the past 6 weeks to 2 months. Since it's typically at rest, he can't measure it during an office visit. SO, it looks like I'm going to be wearing a holter monitor for 21 days. He is letting me wait until after the beach (so I don't mess up my tan lines) and it will be off before I go to the beach with Graham's family in July. WIN!

I'm looking at it on the bright side...it will make for a great picture for my heart walk team page.

So, 21 days. My goal is to get 21 walkers signed up to be on Tucker's Tickers heart walk team by the end of 21 days. If you walked last year, please walk again. If you didn't walk last year and wished you had, PLEASE SIGN UP AND WALK! I've got 3 early adopters. Please help me look good at my new job and join my team!

No comments: