Monday, June 29, 2009

The REAL weekend update

I'm writing this on Monday, June 29th, 2009. I'm still not ready to go public with our news about the baby. All of our close friends, family, and even co-workers know. I'm just not quite ready for the cyberworld to know. I love reading people's blogs, even people I don't know. Of course, I'm connected to them somehow, friend of a friend, clicking on a link in an email, and etc. I'm sure there are those same people who stumble across my blog, and those are the people that I'm not ready to tell. I know that sounds silly, but it's just not something the whole world needs to know right now!


There are probably some who turn their nose up at the fact that Graham and I chose to tell people we were pregnant so early. We see it as having 2 benefits: 1) more people to pray for the baby and pregnancy and 2) support in the event the worst happens. The rate of miscarriage after seeing the heartbeat on an ultrasound is between 4 and 12%. We have seen our baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound and pray that little miracle's heart continues to beat.


One more minute on the soapbox and then I'll get off...Please don't ever question someone's decision to spread the news about their pregnancy. There are so many thoughts, emotions, life changes, and decisions that occur when one first discovers they are expecting. As parents, this is one of the first big decisions we get to make! Most of the initial articles on pregnancy confront when to tell and the pros and cons of telling early or late. It's a personal decision and there is no rule or best practice. It's personal preference and there is a HUGE chance that the expecting couple have discussed in depth when they will tell their family and friends. They've weighed the option and settled on the perfect time to spread their exciting news with the ones they love the most. Be honored that you were chosen to be in the know.

And now, on to our weekend! I felt SO GOOD this weekend! The weekends have become something I dread lately. I have been feeling so lousy the past few weekends. I was dreading this weekend actually! I think when I get out of my routine of excessive water drinking + lots of tasty snacks I don't feel as well. I haven't felt queasy since Thursday. Yippy!

I am pretty dang tired all the time now. I fell asleep in the car on the way TO the Gwinnett Braves game. Hopefully this will pass soon! I'll be going to the beach in two weeks. I really can't complain. I can imagine a lot of worse problems to have than constant napping while laying on the beach!


This weekend our baby upgraded in size from a blueberry to a raspberry! It's leg buds have become fins. It still has a tail, but hopefully that will go away soon!

No comments: