Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Gravid

gravid \GRAV-id\ , adjective: Being with child; heavy with young or eggs; pregnant.

"Pregnant" is just not rolling off of my tongue. "I'm pregnant" doesn't sound right yet either. The word "pregnant" gets hung up in the back of my mouth and doesn't come out right. Maybe I should try "gravid". I'm gravid. Doesn't sound right either. Sounds like I'm infected with something! It's a good thing I have 8 months to work on it!


I need to figure it out because the book I ordered for Mom and Dad came in the mail yesterday. Our wedding gift to all of our parents was a book of wedding photos. Although it took nearly 11 months to produce, the timing couldn't have been more perfect. I found out we were expecting as I was finishing the book. I decided this would be the perfect way to tell Mom and Dad they are expecting their first Grandchild! I added a "Next Chapter" to the end of the book. When the last page is turned it reveals that we are pregnant and due in February. I was hoping to have an ultrasound picture to include, but that's next week and I just don't want to wait that long! I can't wait to tell them!


I had wanted to give Mom and Dad the book on Father's Day, but they are going to the lake. I then thought about today, but Mom is going to Wine Down Wednesday at Urban Flat's. She invited me as well, but I thought that might be a dead giveaway if I paid $20 to drink wine and did not drink it. Yesterday didn't work because Dad's in Boston. Thursday looks like it's going to be perfect. Dad will be home and Mom doesn't have plans. Darbie is going to Athens for a wedding and won't be home either. I don't want to tell Whit and Darb separately, so that works out well. Thursday it is!


We are planning on heading to Carolyn and George's (Graham's Mom and Stepdad) after telling Mom and Dad. Their book isn't scheduled to arrive until Thursday. We'll tell Mike and Kathy (Graham's Dad and Stepmom) on Father's Day when we see them.


Today begins my 7th week. 34 to go! I'm almost half-way through my first trimester. I felt really good yesterday and hope today is the same. I had lots of energy and was able to workout for a long time. I feel like I have to double up to make up for the months where I'm not going to feel like it!


Graham is going to hang out with his best bud Adam today. I'm excited for him because Adam will be the first person Graham tells. Adam and Sarah have a baby due in August.

No comments: