Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Praise the Lord for pasteurized FETA!!

Graham and I had our first grocery trip on Sunday. We bought lots of snacks in anticipation of my being hungry more often. We also found the kind of prenatal vitamins I have been wanting (surprisingly they did not have them at the drug store). Then, we ran into my Dad! I felt like I was buying cigarettes or something the way I quickly slid the vitamins under a box of frozen pizza!



I read the ingredients of everything I buy now to make sure there isn't anything in there I shouldn't have. For example, yogurt and soft cheeses are out because they aren't pasteurized. As we went aisle to aisle reading ingredients I got so scared my dad would be on to us!!



When we got to the cheese aisle, I tried not to look. I love feta, bleu, and goat cheese. I bravely picked up a thing of the Kroger brand feta and saw the most precious words I'd read in a long time..."made from pasteurized milk". YAY!! I can uncross feta on my "cross these foods off your list" list!



In other news, I don't know why they say you don't start showing in your first trimester. I don't think that's true. You DO start showing, just not in your belly. My body is changing and shifting daily. Things don't fit right any more, but I've actually LOST a few pounds. I'm not ready to buy maternity clothes, so Graham and I went shopping last night for summer dresses. He bought the cutest dress! Just kidding. Okay, so we went for dresses for me (I bought 2), but Graham came out with two pairs of shorts, a golf shirt, and a belt. I guess I should shop alone from now on!

No comments: