Monday, June 8, 2009

1st Doctor's Appointment

It's official! We are pregnant with something! We had our first doctor's appointment this morning. It was planned prior to finding out we were pregnant, coincidentally. I met the new doctor and staff and am excited about "working" with them. They confirmed the test and took some blood. We are in our 5th week and are due somewhere near Valentine's day. Because I'm only in the 5th week, it was too early for an ultrasound. I will go back in two weeks for the first one.



Graham was brave and went with me. Of all of the questions the doctor asked us, Graham was only able to answer one. When Doctor asked how long we'd been married, Graham proudly answered, "Almost a year!" Good job Graham! You get a star on your chart!



It feels so real now and we are so excited. Graham has been brainstorming names all afternoon. It's so much fun.



The doctor gave us a pamphlet on "Dogs and your Baby". It cracked me up because it said as the birth grows near I'll need to prepare the dogs by carrying around a swaddled doll. I should also take walks with the dogs and the doll baby in my stroller. OMG, can you imagine? Our neighbors would think we were nuts. Shoot, the dogs would think we were nuts. There were some good things in there, but seriously? Push a doll in a stroller while walking through the neighborhood? Are you kidding me? I'll be lucky if at that point I could walk or push a stroller at all. Can't you see me with my belly so big I can barely walk, pushing a stroller with a DOLL in it while also picking up Pongo and Hudson's poop? Yeah right! I'd be put in the loony bin for sure!!!

No comments: