Today I'm 16 weeks! Baby Tucker is about the size of a small potato. He/she has hair and fingernails. It's ears and eyes are in their final resting place (no longer on the side of the head). I haven't felt any fluttering in the past 2 weeks, but I'm on the lookout!
I had my 16 week appointment today. I had to have some follow-up testing to some earlier cloudy results. I asked Mom to go with me for moral support and hand holding as I hate tests and needle pricks as much as I do uncertainty. She was willing to go, but had to give up her afternoon at the pool with her retired friend Cindy. Bless her little heart. Well, she made a wise decision and was rewarded with a surprise ultrasound! The doctor did an ultrasound before the exam/biopsy to check on the baby and heart rate and then afterwards to make sure the baby didn't encounter any stress during the procedure. Mom was able to see the second ultrasound! During the first ultrasound, the doctor pressed my stomach down a little. The baby pushed back! Feisty little thing! It was so neat to see it's LONG skinny arms! It might look like me after all :). The baby was a little shy for it's grandma and kept turning away. Mom had the doctor nearly in stitches by asking him to look specifically for boy parts as well as to zoom in on the chin to see if it "has a dimple" like Graham's. The baby was very modest and kept his/her private parts well hidden, so it's a surprise for 4 more weeks!
My health is great; I feel pretty good most of the time. I am STARVING all the time now. I still don't like meat, so I'm getting bored with my options. I'm sleeping more (thank you Graham for moving the king sized bed upstairs). If you see my husband, tell him how wonderful he is and even invite him out for a steak. I'm having pain near my tailbone pretty frequently. The internet tells me that's my tailbone getting out of the way to make way for the baby to exit, as well as allow my hips to spread out. YAY. Lucky me! Wide hips. I can't wait.
Things I'm considering this week: the swine flu vaccine, college savings accounts. Have an opinion? Leave a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Please tell Graham that we will cook him a steak whenever he wants! That offer stands, for real!
He wants to know when to show up! JK.
ESA and a custodial account. I have some good no meat recipes that I will send you. One takes less than 5 minutes to prepare and even Graham could do it! I'll send them to you!
I would definitley consider the H1N1 (aka swine flu) vaccine... you have time for the savings account...
I have really mixed feelings about the swine flu vaccine. I know I need it, and I know I'll get it, I'm just bothered by the lack of results from clinical trials. I had a friend from the CDC send me some info he had on testing. Pregnant women are definitely in the highest risk group.
The benefit looks like it outweighs the risks, but long term effects on the baby are unknown.
Hey are you going to add pregger monthly photos to your blog?
Maybe in the 2nd half. I felt stupid doing it in the beginning b/c you couldn't designate between baby and fat. Now there is a lot more baby than fat.
Post a Comment