Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Baby Tucker Update

Woo hoo for the 2nd trimester! I'm 15 weeks tomorrow! 5 weeks until we find out the sex! Have you voted? Boy is winning!

I thought some of my first trimester symptoms and aversions would magically turn off like a switch when it ended...They did not! I'm definitely not fatigued like I was, but since I'm waking up in the middle of the night nearly every single night, I'm still tired all the time. I still hate meat and the list of foods I no longer like is growing. I'm also not nauseous anymore. I never really was, but occasionally would experience it when I was hungry.

Yesterday I had a little scare at work. I got really shaky and thought I was going to pass out. Everything got quiet and I felt super nervous. My heart was beating really fast and my legs got weak. The Krauth sisters have all had these little hypoglycemic episodes over the years, so I pretty much know what to expect by now (eat a piece of candy, get some juice). I was a little freaked out because it happened during during/after lunch (it only had happened before when I hadn't eaten). I called my doctor's office and spoke with a nurse. She told me the same thing, eat candy, get juice and not to worry. She also told me that I need to eat more, more often to prevent it. It's probably the only time in my life that I'll get medical advice to eat more, so I'll take it!!

Speaking of eating, I've only gained between one and four pounds. It fluctuates daily (by up to 3 pounds!). My stomach tells a different story. It looks like I've gained 10 pounds all in my belly! My articles tell me that I'll start putting on an average of 1 pound per week from here on out. I might just stop stepping on the scales. I don't mind gaining the weight, I just don't like seeing the number that corresponds to it on the scale.

I saved the best news of all for last...I felt the baby move for the first time on Saturday night! It felt like a butterfly fluttering around. I didn't think much of it because it's way early to be feeling it (or so I thought). I told another pregnant friend who said, that's the baby! Mom confirmed it too. I haven't felt it again since then, but I'm on the lookout.

No comments: