Last weekend, while I celebrated my birthday with my friend Kristi, Graham went to watch the Falcon's scrimmage at my former high school. Jason Elam played for Brookwood way back in the day! Graham forgot his camera, so I have no pictures for you folks.
On Saturday we had a pool party at Terri's. She's Mom's bff and Graham's "work mom". Her other title is matchmaker. After the pool, we went to dinner with Terri's son Chris and his wife Jane. It was at this dinner that I crossed Sushi (the cooked kind) off of my list of foods I like to eat. The list gets shorter every day.
Sunday was SUPER fun as we got to go to Dalton! Our tenants are moving out and we had some great prospects. Unfortunately they did not work out. Please keep us in mind when you hear of anyone in Dalton looking for a place to rent or buy. If you are like most people and don't know of anyone who wants to move there (willingly), we'd just appreciate your prayers for this house situation.
How am I ever going to sell my house with this one for sale nearby? In case you can't tell, it says "4 Sell Bi Ownor." The "S" and "e" in "Sell are backwards and the phone number has backwards "5s". Not to be confused with the 2's. I wanted Graham to drive by again or at least slow down, but he was afraid we'd get shot.
The only cool thing about going to Dalton was that Canton was not far out of our way on the way home. We got to see our friends Adam, Sarah, and baby Alaina. She's the tiniest baby I've ever seen!! Sarah is obnoxiously skinny less than 1 week after giving birth. She's not allowed to see me for at least a month after we have ours!!
Last week was pretty rough for me. I'm having a hard time sleeping. I wake up starving around 3, have a snack and then can't fall back asleep. I then spend all day fighting to stay awake. I usually sleep okay the night after, but it's back to waking up to snack the next night.
This weekend was different. I got 12 BEAUTIFUL hours of much needed sleep on Saturday night. On Friday I was actually able to sleep the whole night through. Graham was on doggy duty (they've gotten used to getting up at 3 with me) and I love him dearly for it.
Friday night, Mom and Dad showed pity on poor Graham and cooked him steak. He's been a trooper about this whole vegetarian thing, but I know he misses his meat. We had a serious game of domino's scheduled with Mom, Dad, and the Delaney's. Graham and Mom battled it to the end, but Mom was victorious.
On Saturday I again joined Mom's water aerobics class. I brought my work friend Amber along. Picture 20-30 senior women (Mom is the youngest), 1 little senior man, and 2 pregnant chicks. It's a sight! It's still great exercise and I love it... Even the oldies! Especially when the teacher serenades us.
We attended our first ever Princess Ball on Saturday afternoon. Niece Hannah turned 3! It looked like someone had attacked their house with sprinkles, sparkles, tiaras, and princesses. I'm starting to wonder if we are prepared for a girl (we find out in 5 weeks). Also, scratch guacamole off my list of foods that I like to eat.
Here is Snow White blowing out her candles.
From the Princess to the Queen Mum...We took G's Grandma out to dinner after the party. Athens Pizza is delicious and I scratched NOTHING off of my list after that meal. Fantastic. Graham kicked our butts in domino's afterwards. I think he cheats.
Yesterday we went to the Gwinnett Braves game. Yay for being in first place!! Since beer was scratched of my edible foods list 4 months ago, I've had an empty place in my heart (and tummy) at sporting events. Yesterday it was replaced by snow cones! I had two. FANTASTIC. They were every bit as refreshing as a beer and way cheaper!
Funny story from that game...I wore a dress and was a little self conscious about how much my belly was poking out. I instinctively had my hands on my stomach when we were leaving, probably trying to minimize it. A "slightly off" greeter stopped me as we were leaving and said, "WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR STOMACH?????" I said, "What do you mean?" He asked/screamed, "WHY IS IT BIG AND WHY ARE YOU HOLDING IT?" I then replied, "Well, there is a baby in there." He responded by yelling, "HEY EVERYONE, SHE'S GOT A BABY IN THERE!!" I wish I could make the caps bigger on that last part. The guy was LOUD. One benefit of being pregnant...there was a guy in a golf cart waiting at the gate to drive us to our car. Beautiful. He probably heard I was pregnant from his shouting coworker.
I don't need to go two more weeks without a post. It takes me too long to type! What did YOU do this weekend?
Laurel
P.S. Will someone invite Graham over for a dinner that involves meat?

2 comments:
Was the picture of the house really a house in Dalton or did you find it in a forward?
It's really a house in Dalton. It's on Walnut Avenue directly across from Brown Street. I wanted to call the number, but Graham said he thought it must be a joke.
Post a Comment