We were fortunate to have a 3 day weekend, but I believe we are due for an extra day to compensate for how tired we now are!
I didn't take a single picture this weekend, so you'll have to use your imagination.
On Friday night we had very special visitors. Abby, Hannah, and William stayed at our house. It went off without a hitch with two exceptions. One, Hudson "bit" Baby Kate. Baby Kate is Hannah's constant companion. It wasn't as bad as it could have been, but Baby Kate's eyes are no longer the same and there is a tooth mark in her cheek. It was a near disaster, but Hannah was easily distracted by a new Snow White toy. The 2nd near disaster was Hudson busting into their room in the middle of the night. I don't think they really noticed, but Hudson couldn't stand the fact that they were here and he couldn't play with them. He had a hard time sleeping all night. When I got up for my snack, Huddy accompanied me and busted into their room. That's hospitality Hudson-style.
It was good to see how Huddy acts around the kids. He really loves them and wants to play or sit beside them constantly. He only wants to eat their toys occasionally :) The kids usually only have eyes for Pongo as he's much smaller and plays harder to get. Our baby is so lucky to have it's 2 fur-brothers.
On Saturday I kept the kids while Abby worked. Graham went to the Auburn game with his family. I hated to not go to the first game of the season at Tech or Auburn, but sitting on a hard seat for 3-4 hours is not in my plan right now. Sitting for more than 30 minutes isn't really in my plan right now!
I had a lot of fun with Hannah and William. I needed time to practice outsmarting them. They are still winning, but I'm getting quicker. We learned that some things need to be child-proofed before February, we need to stock up on Disney movies, and everything coming out of our mouths could be repeated.
We went chick-fil-a and then to Mom and Dad's to feed the fish in their ponds. Hannah named the first 5-6 fish, but then ran out of princess names. Mom and Dad still have about 20 yet to be named gold fish.
Later, Mom and I went baby furniture shopping with the kids. I'm not sure what overwhelmed me the most: the number of furniture choices or shopping with 2 kids. Either way, I'm not ready!
On Sunday, after both Tech and Auburn victories and a UGA loss :), Graham went golfing and I went shopping.
Sunday night was the long awaited fantasy draft party. I vacated and went to dinner with Whitney. When I got back, there were 10 guys in our den with laptops. I really wish I had taken a picture. It was like Georgia Tech all over again. All were so deep in concentration that Whit and I barely got a hello. Banished to the upstairs, I quickly joined a facebook therapy group called "Wives against fantasy football." It's going to be a long season.
Today we celebrated birthdays all day long. We did Whitney's birthday with my family at Mom and Dad's house. I ATE MEAT!! I'd been psyching myself up for it for a week or so now. I love mom's lasagna so much that I really did not want to turn it down. I ate half of my serving, but was still proud of myself! Mom's lasagna is her specialty and you are crazy to not eat it.
We celebrated all of the Taylor, Tucker, Miller, Millarker, and Simmons birthdays later this afternoon. It was great to catch up with Graham's whole family. Needless to say we are stuffed now and don't need to eat again for a week or so. Well, not me, I'm already hungry again :)
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment