No, I'm not talking about the baby!
We rented my Dalton house out yesterday. Your prayers worked!
Miss Renter's situation is quite similar to mine when I first moved in 5 years ago so I felt it was a good match. She's newly single, needs a change of scenery, and ready to find some independence. She also has 2 dogs (labs), so my little house was the perfect fit for her with the large tiled basement and the private backyard. Miss Renter was ready to move in immediately, which also worked well for us.
The rent is a good bit less than what our prior tenant was paying, but we almost break even since we didn't have to pay a realtor this time.
The only other downside is that she only wanted to do a 6 month lease. I did the quick math on my fingers, and that puts us at baby arrival time. The last thing we need to worry about 6 months from now is what to do about that house. We agreed in the middle on 9 months, but hope she'll stay longer!
Meanwhile, we'll just keep praying that the economy improves so that if Miss Renter decides to move out in 9 months, we'll have an easier time trying to sell.
Thanks again for all of your prayers on this!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment