Monday, November 3, 2008

TWO OH SIX!

I got gas this afternoon for $2.06. In the state of our current economic affairs, it's important to celebrate any small victory. WOO HOO for filling up for under $40!!

I bought my car in 2002 and moved to Dalton a week later. Within a month, gas prices rose to $1.35 a gallon. I really though I had bitten off more than I could chew. How was I going to drive between Dalton and Atlanta on the weekends when it cost me $25-$30 each time I filled up? I was for sure going to go broke...

Tonight, I found this email I sent to my Mom and Dad who were vacationing in Greece during "The Great Gas Crisis of 2008" (it's my blog, so I can make up my own eras).
The gas situation here is horrible. I got up at 6 and drove around
looking for it for Graham. We heard the trucks often drop it off during
the night and you can get it first thing in the morning. None of our 4
stations have had any for days. I drove down to Killian Hill and
they didn't have any either. He's on empty and his light is on. On my way
to work I found it, but I paid $4.39 a gallon for regular. My car is full
and your car is full. We may just park the truck all weekend.
Supposedly in other parts of Atlanta it's not as bad. Right now, Georgia
has the 3rd highest gas prices in the country, after Alaska and Hawaii.

Here we are now, just over a month later, and gas is in abundance and affordable. I can fill up for under $40, but now I've got no where to go! How low will gas go? Surely it won't ever get back to $1.35, nor will it stay at $2.06, but I'll take it for right now!

No comments: