Friday, November 7, 2008

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!

Hello loyal blog readers! (all 3 of you)

I've been pretty quiet this week, but you should thank me for sparing you from my political commentary. Although, I have no secrets and if you ask me my views I will gladly share them. Mom did always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I still fear mom grounding me, taking away my ice cream, or making me pick up pine cones, so I'll be quiet. For now.










Mom also said I always had to have the last word.



So here are my thoughts...

1. The election was Tuesday. On Wednesday US Stocks posted their biggest post-election drop in our history. Why? Fear.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aj_ayFUP0riQ&refer=worldwide

2. Gun sales are booming. Ammunition expected to sell out this weekend. Why? Fear. http://www.11alive.com/rss/rss_story.aspx?storyid=123285

3. Hamas and Ahmadinejad called Obama to congratulate him. What? FEAR.
http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/11/07/obama-presidency-face-changing-threats/

http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSLA49136220080910?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&rpc=22&sp=true

3. God is in control. Today, tomorrow, forever...Obama, taxes, gas prices, and the stock market are not in control. Thank you Whitney and Hillary for reminding me. Please remind me periodically over the next 4 years.

4. Neal Boortz in 2012. Here are some of his post election thoughts:

The big question for me today is whether or not freedom,
economic liberty and self-sufficiency can make a comeback in America. Right now
it seems that a dismaying number of Americans think that they are owed a living;
that it is the government's job to guarantee their economic security. Can we
ever turn that around and return to a time when people accept the responsibility
for their own lives and eschew the idea of using government as a tool of
legalized plunder?


Several times in the last few day's I've mentioned the
concept of "The Tipping Point." I'm using that term in the context of voting and
taxpaying. Right now we are at the point where about 43% of American income
earners pay absolutely NO income tax. I've been saying for years that if the
Democrats ever gain absolute control in Washington we're going to see that
percentage climb ... climb to over 50%. That's the tipping point. Imagine a
political campaign where the majority of voters do not pay income taxes. Imagine
a campaign where the majority of voters actually get a check from the government
instead of writing a check to the government. Can you hear the Democrat campaign
themes then? "Vote for the Republicans and they're going to make you pay income
taxes."

In fact ... I've already developed the Democrat campaign themes for the next several presidential elections:
2012: "Vote for the Republicans and they're going to make you pay income taxes."

2016: "Vote for the Republicans and they're going to make you pay your own Social Security and Medicare taxes."

2020: "Vote for the Republicans and they're going to make you pay for your own health
care."

2024: "Vote for the Republicans and they're going to make you pay for your
own place to live."

No comments: