Today is a fantastic day!! It’s already so much better than yesterday! Today started around 4 am with our lab Hudson throwing up all the grass he’d eaten. It was followed by more grass around 6:30 (so much for getting to sleep in because of a dentist appointment). After getting ready for work (which included chasing Hudson around the house to get him into his crate for about 10 minutes) I was off to see Dr. Fievet. That was actually the highlight of my day!
The dentist appointment took longer than expected, but I still needed to run by mom and dad’s to check on the kittens (they are in New England this week and I’m on kitty cat/mail duty). Kitten check was successful, but my quest for hidden Halloween candy was not. I mean, shouldn’t celebrating 56 dentist visits in a row with no cavities be rewarded with a piece of chocolate? I called Mom to ask her where she hid it (from Dad of course) and she said she hasn’t bought it yet because she knew dad (or I) would have eaten it already. Dang. I was on my way back into the office, dreaming of how nice a mocha latte from Starbucks would be to cure my craving when my stupid phone buzzes to remind me that I have a meeting that I scheduled in 10 minutes. Crap. I can’t believe I forgot. I get to the office as quickly as possible, only to have to circle the parking lot 3 times before finding a spot. I rush on in to get to my meeting and don’t even have time to drop off my computer at my desk. I FINALLY make it to my desk around noon.
Since I wasn’t hungry, I decided to work on through lunch. While it was probably good for my body, it was DEFINITELY NOT good for my soul. I like to spend my lunch hour blog-stalking. I read people’s blogs anonymously and shamelessly. BTW, I’m so excited about Stellan’s birth (you’ll know what I mean if you are also a blog-stalker). Now I’m a little down because I didn’t have time to check in on the lives of people I know (or don’t know – ha!). BTW, if you are a blog-stalking my blog, feel free to make an anonymous post. It will make me feel less crazy!
This afternoon I got a phone call from the Heating and Air people in Dalton (reason #2 for yesterday’s bad day). As I had expected, the reason the heat won’t work in the rental house is because the pilot light went out. SEVENTY-FIVE dollars later, the pilot light is lit and the heat is back on.
And today is 10 times better than yesterday (and cheaper)!

3 comments:
I see you :)
I'm a total blog stalker and I'm excited about Stellan's birth as well.
So funny! Ok, so I cried and cried over Stellan's birth!...and I send out a mass email the Tuesday night before asking for people to pray for my 'friend'...Just call me nuts! :)
Post a Comment