Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 1 Update!

I love my new job! The people I work with are awesome and love their job. You can't ask for more than that can you? It sure does make you feel welcome when a line of people gather to meet you your first day!I was worried about the drive to Marietta, but it isn't terrible. It's not great either, don't get me wrong. It's just easy to do when you get there an everyone has a smile on their face and has passion for their work.

I've jumped right in and have been visiting companies with my two fantastic coworkers Mandy and Melissa (also blog readers, boom!). I got to go for a walk at two different companies this week. One of the days I even improved my tan!

I miss my Merial peeps, but have been catching up with them when I can. I've seen a lot more of Audrey and Graham this week, so it's been good affirmation for the job change.

While we are on the subject of AHA, now would be a great time to sign up for the Atlanta Heart Walk! Tucker's Ticker's will be back for a second year, and hopefully our team will be bigger, better, and more organized than last year. We will be walking again on October 29 at Turner Field. If you walked last year, I hope you'll walk again his year. If you donated but didn't walk, please think about coming down and walking. If for no other reason, help me look good at my new job! I kid, I kid.

Tucker's Tickers raised $2,605 for the American Heart Association last year and our goal is $3,000 for 2011. The money goes towards heart disease prevention and awareness, and educational programs. It also funds research for heart related diseases, such as congestive heart failure and peripartum cardiomyopathy, of which i'm a SuRvIvOr!

How to Register:
Click on our team page
Click "Join our Team" and follow the instructions from there.

Please invite your friends!

No comments: