Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bloggity Blog 4/17/11

We have been on the move all weekend, but my fancy new iPhone has a blogging app, so here I am attempting to stay current!

The weekend started with an impromptu happy hour at Darbie's. After Aunt Darb and Aunt Whit had gotten appropriate Audrey sugar we headed up the road to have dinner with my newly engaged friend kristi and her fiancé Ian.

Ian has a gorgeous house in Dunwoody and I'm excited Kristi will be living almost in Darb and Whit's backyard. I'm also really excited about the upcoming nuptials. Ian an Kristi cooked an AH mazing dinner and even ordered fireworks. Or maybe it was a hail storm. I can't remember.

On Saturday the Easter Bunny came early. Since we'll be at the beach next weekend, Niecie and Pop wanted to give Audrey some early Easter gifts. Not unexpectedly, Aud's favorite gift was the purse. Pop filled it with quarters, so it rattles when she shakes it. So cute.

Mom and I took Audrey to see the Easter Bunny at the Avenue (shopping center by us). She was not afraid at all. We made sure she'd napped, so she didn't fall asleep in his lap! We also got to meet Elmo. Audrey reached out and honked his nose. Whoops.

Graham and I spent some time working in the backyard Saturday afternoon. Graham has become a grass growing aficianado. Our yard is starting to look great! Pictures of that to come soon.

We celebrated our friend Kyle's birthday Saturday night. The theme of the party was Golf Pro's and Tennis Ho's. That group of friends is so great because they keep me feeling young. I always feel like I'm going to a mixer. The costumes were all great, but my favorite was Garn's. He dressed as Rachel's caddy. I hate that I didn't get a picture. If you have one, send it and I'll repost it.

Grandma kept Audrey so that we could enjoy grownup time. She filled Audrey's bag with new clothes too! We are going to have the best dressed kid in all of Gwinnett County.

Today was my day to sleep in. Hallelujah! We went to the Palm Sunday service at Cannon and then to lunch at Dicky Doo's. Yum! I felt like a celebrity because between Graham and me we knew someone at almost every single table there. Audrey had just taken a cute pill and was being presh. By the time we left we'd spoken to every person in the restaurant. If you haven't been to Dicky Doo's you have to try it out with us! Join us for a sausage biscuit, some barbecue, or a meat and 3.

Niecie and Pop kept Audrey tonight so Graham and I could car shop. Audrey got to try out her water table. She had a big time. Mom, do you have pics?

Well, that's the nitty gritty of our weekend. How was yours? This is going to be a busy week, so hang in there!

No comments: