The Tuckers are participating and so far it's going well. I thought our house would be really clean and our clothes folded and put away, but so far that isn't the case! We have eaten dinner at the table (66% of Americans eat dinner in front of the TV, we are GUILTY). We have gone to bed early and woken up feeling well-rested. And finally, we have had conversation. It's so nice to have conversation with your husband that isn't over the phone and isn't related to how many stink diapers Audrey has had, or what we are having for dinner.
Now, I'm giving you a late start with this blog, so I'm just asking you to commit to Wednesday through Friday of no TV. Comment below if you are participating and let me know how it works out for you and your family.
If you have kids, please visit this website to see stats on children watching TV. Earlier this year we made a commitment to try to keep the TV in our home off while Audrey is awake. I know we cannot 100% shelter her from television, but after reading these stats, I'm very glad we've at least made the attempt.
Good luck and tell me how you and your family spend your time!

4 comments:
Does this mean you are going to make us keep the TV off at the beach? Chris and I eat at the table and turn the TV off most of the time. I hate eating in my lap.
Nope, I said through Friday. You'll be playing with your niece anyway.
We are doing it this week too!
I haven't turned the tv on because this week has been crazy, but like you, I make a point to keep the tv off when Olivia is awake. Kudos to you for taking the challenge!
Post a Comment