I promise soon I'll update with pictures of Audrey because I know the real reason you come to my blog is to see pics of her, but until I do, please read my PSA.
I have formed a team to walk in the Atlanta Heart Walk on October 30. The walk is to raise money for the American Heart Association. Please join Tucker's Tickers as we walk all over heart disease!
I became interested in this cause earlier this year after recovering from peripartum cardiomyopathy (PPCM), a disease of the heart muscle brought on by my pregnancy with Audrey. Everyone that had heard of the disease told me how serious and scary the it was, but gave very few details. Most of the information was left to me to find. I started perusing the internet from top to bottom to find out more information. What I found was scary. There is very little research on this disease and there is no known cause.
I found an informational website for women suffering this disease called A Mother's Heart. It's got a great forum and support group for women who are suffering or have suffered this disease. Most of the information about PPCM I have gotten has been through this site and these women. What's shocked me is how mild my case was. Comparatively, I made a quick recovery. Many of these women are still suffering years after delivering.
I've been so blessed with my recovery (not to mention a HEALTHY bubbly 7 month old) that I want to do all that I can to turn it into something positive. With my family's support, I decided The Start! Heart Walk was the perfect opportunity to raise awareness and money necessary to fund research for this disease.
Here is what you can do:
1) Walk.
It's easy. It's not a run (but you certainly can run). You don't even have to raise money or ask for donations, unless you want to. Raise $100 for a heart walk t-shirt.
The event is October 30, starting at Turner Field. I can personally guarantee you will be home in time to watch the UGA/UF game. Sign up here (Click "Join our Team")
2) Donate.
I've set a personal goal of $1,000 and a team goal of $3,000. Your tax-deductible donation will help the American Heart Association research PPCM and other forms of heart disease and stroke. Pledge here
3) Support.
I appreciate your prayers this year. Thank you for your continued support for me, my family, and my health.
Thank you!
Laurel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm proud of you! Atta girl! I just clicked on your site and donated :)
Post a Comment