Wednesday, September 15, 2010

7 Months

Audrey turned 7 months about 2 weeks ago, and as usual I'm behind but better late than never!This is kind of long, so if you just want to hit the highlights it goes like this...crawl, tooth, tooth, clap, sit. You can stop reading here :)

She's been busy. Mom and Dad were staying with us at the end of August as they got new floors put in. Each morning they were here was like a treasure trove. One morning Mom discovered her patty caking and the next Dad discovered her 2nd tooth. Yes, she now has not one, but TWO teeth. I'm pretty sure 3 and 4 will be in soon.
Audrey's new trick is clapping. She loves to clap almost as much as she loves to put her feet in her mouth. When she's not clapping she's clasping her hands together and rocking them to her chest. Such an old soul. One of my favorite things about Audrey right now is her sweet disposition. She gives you gentle little love pats that just melt your heart.

We have been focusing for the last month on routine. Routine Routine Routine. One of us hasn't been sleeping much (me) because one of us (Audrey) reminds us (me) of her presence nightly at 2 am and 5 am. I really shouldn't complain because she's so good and pretty much goes back to sleep within 2o minutes, however I'd really love a full night's rest. We've been working on a routine for evening and bedtime. When one thing doesn't work or help we try something else. Last week I got 2 full nights of sleep first time in months!

Last week we moved bedtime from 9 to 7:30 and believe it or not she sleeps longer. We cut out her short 5:00 nap so my Audrey time isn't quite as good. She's cute for about 30 minutes after I get home from work before the fussiness begins. The best part of the routine is that Graham and I get enjoy a quiet dinner together every night and have some grown up time.

The only parts of Audrey that seem to be growing right now is her hair and teeth. I'm finally able to put in the coveted barrette! There has been much controversy among my work friends over the big bow headbands I had occasionally put her in before, so I'm glad to finally turn that page.
Although she crawled the day of her 6 month doctor's appointment, it has since been put on hold as we put ALL of Audrey's energy and focus into sitting. She was not a fan of the sitting. She was so stubborn about not doing it that she would lock her legs up straight and refuse to bend into a sitting position. Graham finally had a breakthrough with the ipod. By distracting her with it we were able to get her to sit for short periods of time.

Audrey has discovered Hudson and Pongo. She tries to pet them whenever she can. Hudson's pretty patient with her, but does not like to be ridden like a horse. Please make a note. Pongo runs and hides when she makes eye contact with him. Since she's not too mobile he can out run her. For now.

Audrey continues to do well in day care. She grins a big dimply smile at me when I drop her off each morning. She has never once cried when I left. She's got 2 other little girl friends in her age group and I think she just loves being around people.

And talk about a HEARTBREAKER...Audrey has more boyfriends at 7 months than most girls do in a lifetime. Bennett, Walt, Grant, Hank, and Liam just to name a few. Her daddy's going to have to beat them off with a stick.

I love LOVE love being a mom. It's the best job I've ever had but it's definitely getting harder now and I'm learning to juggle more and more things. Every day is new and different and she's constantly teaching herself or discovering something. I'm lucky just to be along for the ride.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

She's just adorable, Laurel. Things really do liven up when they become more mobile! Glad you're getting a little more rest :-)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures and stories of a 7 month cutie!! Thanks so much for sharing them with me. GiGi

Ellen said...

We need to get all of the kiddies together soon!