Sunday, August 8, 2010

Fripp Tripp 2010

I'm a little (or a lot) late with this post, but better late than never! We went on our 2nd annual Krauth Beach trip to Fripp Island two weeks ago. We've got to work on Audrey as she was not a fan of the heat. It's a darn shame because she looks so stinking cute in her little baby bikinis!

This was the view from my chair. I love to read and have not read much since Audrey was born. I was able to complete 2 books this week. My parents were so wonderful to provide us with not only the trip, but also babysitting so Graham and I could relax on the beach together.
Graham and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary while at Fripp. Dad, Mom, and Darbie kept Audrey so Graham and I could go to dinner in Beaufort at what has become our annual anniversary restaurant, Saltus. There was no year old wedding cake to go back to, so we settled for dominoes and scategories!

Audrey enjoyed her trip and was a happy girl most of the time despite the fact that she refused to nap, sleep, or poop. It kept things interesting. Audrey is the only baby in my immediate family, so she got PLENTY of attention.
Our last day at Fripp, my Aunt and Uncle and cousins joined us. Graham got to play golf with Uncle Buddy and the rest of us got to hang out on the beach. Mary Margaret's son Clayton is now just over a year old. He was not so sure about Audrey stealing his thunder. They are both pretty cute!! Hopefully next year we'll overlap for the whole week, not just the weekend.

Dogs! How could I forget the dogs!! At one point we had 10 dogs in our beach house! It was only for a few hours, but you might have mistaken it for a kennel.

Sadly, this was Pongo and Hudson's last trip. It was too hard to relax taking care of both of them (and keeping them out of trouble) and focusing on Audrey. Huddy loves the beach, but he overdoes it and then suffers from exhaustion. Pongo likes the beach and sun-bathing (no lie), but he's just to little and hard to keep track of with the big dogs. The good news is that we have the best dog and house sitter in the world and I've already put in for next year.

I've heard that when you have a child you no longer take vacations, you take trips. I totally agree with that, but I can't complain. I was just as happy spending my vacation playing at the beach house with Audrey as I was sitting under the tent with her on the beach. I was grateful for the extra hands and time to unwind with Graham and my family.
I can't wait until next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Looks like you had a great time.