Saturday, August 7, 2010

6 Months! Part Two

I was right on the money!  Audrey is 15 pounds, 14 ounces.  Graham's guess was 18 lbs and mine was 16.  It's rare that I win a bet!

By the numbers:
Weight: 15 and 14 oz (49%)
Head Circumference: 17 1/4 (84%)
Height: 27 inches (89%)

Praise God and all things holy that Audrey appears to have gotten her height and weight from Graham/Graham's family.  Alleluia for high metabolism.  Don't get me wrong, Audrey has inherited some great genes from my family too.  Where do you think she got the ability to talk tirelessly without making any sense?

Audrey checked off all of her milestones for 6 months and has a few to work on, ahem...sleeping through the night.  I decided that since it was the weekend we'd let her cry when she woke up at 2 (instead of me feeding her for 5 minutes until she falls back to sleep).  Oops, I forgot to tell Graham of my plan.  Last night was interesting to say the least.

Wow, so much has happened since Tuesday.  Audrey crawled!  It was the morning of her appointment and I actually missed it the first time.  I left the room for one second and when I came back she was in the same position, but 4 feet away.  It took her a while to do it again.  When she did, it was a military commando style (on elbows).  She's got the knee, butt in air part down.  We've got to work on her push ups!  Of course she had to go and make a liar of me because she hasn't done it again since.  Vaccines make Audrey sleepy and snuggly for about 48 hours, so she hasn't spent too much time on the floor.

Speaking of vaccines, we have progress people.  We got to see a BIG GIRL!!  There was no screaming and no tears shed.  Audrey was a big girl too!  She didn't cry at all for the first shot.  We sang Old MacDonald and it was over before we knew it.  The second one made her cry for maybe 10 seconds, until I picked her up.  We've come a long way (yes we!).

Audrey is doing well with the sweet potatoes, but is not a fan of the sippy cup with water.  It makes her angry.  What's wrong with just a bottle of milk, Mommy?

Now, what you've all been waiting for:

1 comment:

Abby said...

Yay for Audrey! Another long and lean cousin! :) Such cute pictures! Hannah and William miss her bunches!