Thursday, January 29, 2009

Christmas 08!

I know I'm a little behind. I've been busy traveling, working, and coughing! Presenting the newlywed's first Christmas...

It started like this at Garn's Christmas party.














Unfortunately, way too many people thought that picture was real. Graham loves me a lot, but there would be no Olan Mills portraits for the Tuckers this year. This one, taken Christmas Eve at Mom and Dad's is the real thing:























And here are the Krauths (and girls formerly known as Krauths):

Here are our cute little Christmas trees (please excuse the ugly green paint, it will be gone soon). We are going to buy a big REAL tree next year.




















A Krauth tradition is to go to lunch on Christmas Eve. This year we went to Bricktops in the Terminus building in Buckhead. We went to the Christmas Eve service afterwards with Graham's family. The Taylor/Tucker/Miller tradition is to eat at Athens' Pizza. Graham, his brother, and step-brother get this disgusting pizza every year -- it's their ritual: Shrimp and Feta.

Once stuffed, we go back to Mom and Dad's for PRESENTS! We have several unique traditions around opening gifts such as the order we go in, the places we sit, and the time we spend opening them. This year's gift opening will become a memory that we talk about for many years (especially when given the opportunity to roast Whitney), thanks in part to cocktails earlier in the evening.

FUN aprons from Darbie!








Our big gift from Mom and Dad...an LCD TV/DVD player for our kitchen. I was so surprised! I'll tell more about this in a post on the upgrades and projects we've done at home.


















I forgot my camera, so I have no pictures from Christmas morning (Krauths), Christmas day (Millers and Taylors), or the day after Christmas (Tuckers).

Two days after Christmas we celebrated with the Williams. Graham and I are so excited that Christmas 2008 is almost over! I know that sounds terrible, but seriously guys, we do Christmas for FOUR days. It's exhausting. Neither one of us are willing to give up any part of it, so we just go where we are told and smile for the pictures. Oh yeah, we buy bigger pants after the 4 day buffet!















Dad dresses as naughty Santa before the shenanigans begin.















Mom and Dad's "special" gifts for us this year were treasures out of their basement. It started out pretty cool as Mary Margaret got this antique frame. If you use your imagination, it could be pretty cool on a wall somewhere.














Things quickly went down hill when Chris opened this:












Do you know how much obsolete computer paraphernalia a family of 5 can rack up in 10 years? Krauth's don't throw stuff away either...
Graham and I got a pair of lovely paintings. That I painted. In third grade. They even say "Laurel Krauth, 3-She" in the corner (that was the code for my class).
We are willing to sell them to the highest bidder! Graham looks thrilled doesn't he? He's deep in thought over where we will hang these.

















Merry [belated] Christmas to you and yours!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I love the LCD TV/DVD for the kitchen. I'm dying to have one of those for our kitchen. However, first thing's first, DVR!

Kelley said...

Let's start bidding on those pictures folks!!!