Monday, January 5, 2009

Newlywed Chronicles: Episode 3

Graham and I have been married just over 5 months and tonight is my first night alone. I'm so homesick and I've only been here 7 hours! I'm in San Diego for the week, attending our National Sales Meeting. I sure do miss my Graham, Hudson, Lola, and Pongo!

Compared to other companies where I have worked, Merial has fabulous vacation. I was able to take two weeks off over Christmas break. After the hustle and bustle of our FOUR days of Christmas, it was nice to spend time together in our home.

Graham and I each completed several projects in our new house (pictures to come). My sweet husband went to almost painful lengths to install my new kitchen LCD TV and the corresponding cable! I painted and re-decorated one of our guest bathrooms. I can't wait to post the before and after pictures!

Our vacation wasn't just all work and no play...We took his Grandma to see Marley and Me (warning: bring tissues) and out to dinner one night. Graham and I had fun shopping and returning gifts that didn't work out (did I just use the words "fun", "shopping", and "Graham" in the same sentence?) We also hosted game night with Graham's family one evening. We might have set a record for number of people playing Apples to Apples! Our week concluded with New Years Eve dinner with our friends Adam and Sarah at Dantanna's. It was low key and entertaining at the same time. We polished off 2008 in our hot tub on the back deck.

Although most seem ready to put 2008 behind us, it was a little bittersweet for me. After all, 2009 was the beginning of the rest of our life. It was not only the year we got married, but also the year we bought our house home. Married life has been nothing short of wonderful and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I wish I was home right now in bed with Graham. And Pongo. And Hudson. And Lola.

Goodnight!

Oh! Before I forget...shout outs to my friends Emily and Curi who gave birth to two little bundles of joy this week. Welcome to the world Logan and Nora!

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Girl, give it a couple of years and you'll enjoy a few nights to yourself. I'm just kidding (sort of)!

Darbie said...

Sounds like you are still in the honeymoon stage, but I'm thrilled for you. And way to be productive on your vacation (staycation)!