Monday, January 26, 2009

25 Random Things About Me...

Yes, this is a re-post from Facebook, but my Tuckered Out followers (yes, there are a couple of you reading this) have reminded me I haven't posted anything in a while.

I have posts coming up about Christmas (I'm waaaay behind), my trip to San Diego, and my trip to Spartanburg. I've been busy traveling and working, and it seems I've caught some kind of bug (I choose not to use that 3 letter "F" word do describe it). I'm literally TUCKERED OUT! Okay, this bug is making me cheesier than normal.

Enjoy these 25 random facts about me. Comment on at least one if you will (anonymously is fine), to remind me that people DO indeed read my blog!

1. In my life, I've had 9 dogs.
2. I live 1.3 miles away from my parents.
3. The smell of tea makes me want to throw up. The taste will make me throw up.
4. I'm left handed.
5. My lips and face have no pigment in a couple places b/c I made Whitney a grilled cheese sandwich at the beach when I was in 3rd grade and my face was burned with grease
6. From K- 6th, I took tennis, horseback riding, art, cheerleading, gymnastics, ballet, and swimming lessons. I was also a brownie and in OM. Not all at the same time though!
7. I have worked at Great Clips, Applebee's, American Cleaners, Outback, Abercrombie and Fitch, The Presidents Office at Georgia Tech, the McBurney Corporation, M&M/Mars, Shaw Industries, Advantage Industrial Automation, Container Service Corporation, and Merial.
8. Tagalongs are my favorite girl scout cookies, but I eat more thin mints.
9. I hate all food noises...ice chewing, gum smacking, soup slurping, etc.
10. I LOVE to read. I just finished my 2nd Sookie Stackhouse novel and am about to pick up with Vince Flynn.
11. I have a mother, a father, two sisters, a future brother-in-law, a future-former-brother-in-law, 2 brothers-in-law, a step-brother-in law, 2 step-sisters in law, 2 sisters-in law, 2 nieces, 1 nephew, a mother-in-law, a step-father-in-law, a step-mother-in-law, a father-in-law, a grandmother-in-law, and a grandfather-in-law.
12. Footloose was my favorite movie growing up. Girls Just want to Have Fun, Rad, American Anthem, and Space Camp round out the top 5.
13. My mother and her friend set Graham and me up.
14. Graham proposed to me in front of my parents.
15. When we were kids and were punished, we had to pick up a bucket of pine cones from the front yard.
16. I've spent enough time in Florida to have been considered a resident for 1/2 year.
17. In Buckhead, the night before the Super Bowl (2000 maybe? the one where Ray Lewis shot somebody), my high school friend and I (and a random man wearing a Dallas cowboys Superbowl ring) got into a car posing as a taxi cab. It was not a cab and they drove us around Atlanta for an hour before we opened the door and jumped out on the side of I-75 near Cumberland mall.
18. I've gone skydiving (tandem), bungee jumping, shark diving, helicopter riding, parasailing, and spinnakering (imagine yourself on a kite, or a parasail with no life jacket where they release you in the water).
19. I'm a closet McDonald's and Krystal lover. In fact, it's as much of a treat as a nice dinner.
20. Santa Claus does not wrap my presents.
21. My 2nd AND 3rd toes are longer than my first.
22. I'm a middle child and an oops.
23. I look up everything on Wikipedia.
24. I was a Phi Mu at Georgia Tech.
25. I'm a blog stalker.

And a couple of bonuses that other people's top 25 have reminded me about:
26. I have 0 tattoos.
27. I don't like movie theaters.
28. I've gotten 5 speeding tickets in my life.
29. I can't stand wrappers and empty coke cans sitting around after they become empty. It makes the hair on neck stand up. I know it sounds like I'm a neat freak, I'm really not, i just hate trash!
30. I snuggle with Pongo when I sleep, not Graham.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok, you KNOW I read your blog. I have been known to blog stalk as well, sadly. Shhh...

Anonymous said...

Even sweet tea!?

Laurel Tucker said...

Ugh...especially sweet tea. The smell of iced tea brewing makes me gag!

Kelley said...

We're so alike, I agree with you on most of these! I'm glad I'm not the only one who snuggles with the dog more than my husband!

Hillary Hull said...

Comment on:
#7: YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE LA! HOW DARE YOU! THE CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL STANDARDS AND QUALITY! DUH!!!!!!!
#8: Tagalongs are my favorite ones too but hardly any come in a box!!! Last year I bought a ton of thin mints and they are still in my freezer... seriously... I think have like 8 boxes of TM in my freezer right now....
#9: You also cannot stand to hear Hillary Hopkins typing in the next room over - so much so that you would wear ear plugs during work... FREAK!
#15: chris' dad would LOVE this! He does not allow one pinecone to be in his yard... I'll have to share this technique with him for when he needs to punish all our kids when we leave them at his house one day :)
#17: Are you serious? I want to hear more about this story as I do not remember you ever telling me about it!
#18: I thought spinnakering was when you went to that nasty club in Panama City!
That's all! :) XO

Laurel Tucker said...

I'm not a freak! Thank goodness for Pandora and iTunes b/c that's what I do now to tune down the loud typers!!

The sketchy cab night was WAY before you got to tech, probably year 3 for me. It was awful. It was also snowing. We ran into a parking garage near Cumberland. None of our friends answered (it was like 3 in the morning), the Phi Mu house didn't answer, finally I called Sigma Nu and DARBIE answered. That's a whole different story though...

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Graham have a tea brewer? Do you let him use it?!

Laurel Tucker said...

Do I LET him use it?!!! He doesn't have one as far as I know. He's welcome to make all the tea he wants...I'm not going to make it and I don't want to be in the kitchen when he does!

Darbie said...

I will comment on this even though I already commented on FB, just so you know I read your blog. Regarding #17, it is important to note, this was before the prevalence of cell phones. And you are lucky that I answered the phone and drove in the snow and searched and found you (huddled in a thin jacket in a phone booth).

And #9, I agree with Hillary. . . I have been the recipient of many dirty looks while typing on the keyboard. You are a little bit of a freak that way :)