Friday, October 17, 2008

So Long, Long Hair!

I'm chopping my hair off tomorrow!!

I grew my hair out a little to have enough to pull up for the wedding in July. Since it was pretty long then, I decided to grow it just a little longer and donate it to Locks of Love. I'm really not excited b/c I hate having my hair as short as it's going to be. To donate to Locks of Love you have to provide at least 10 inches. That's pretty dang short!! Here is a picture of it short a few of years ago (of course I was much skinner, so it didn't look too bad). Now I think I'm going to look like i have a big round face. I've been trying to motivate myself with some pictures of other curly haired girls. Of course, they have hair stylists.I would encourage anyone that can to donate to Locks of Love or another similar charity. Hair can always grow back :). From their website:

Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. We meet a unique need for children by using donated hair to create the highest quality hair prosthetics.

Our mission is to return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children. Our mission is to return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children.

Keep an eye out for an update tomorrow!

No comments: