Audrey and I had a girls day on Saturday. Graham went with a coaching friend to Auburn to watch a baseball game. Audrey and I cut coupons and embarked on a shopping trip to Publix and two drug stores. This was a big deal for both Audrey and me because I never ever take her shopping with me. It's always too hard to follow my list while I have her in the cart. Well, she was a peach and must have looked pretty cute to boot. Lots of random strangers were talking to her and she of course laughed, smiled, and clapped back. That really helps when you get to checkout and have 25 coupons and only 15 items.
As if a story about coupons wasn't boring enough, we got a new piece of furniture delivered on Saturday...A deep freezer. We have needed one for a while and are so excited to finally have one. Nothing says early to mid-thirties like writing a blog about your deep freezer!
I will quickly mention that my total at Kroger last night was $258. What did I pay you ask? $98 (62%). That's one of my better trips dollar wise, but I've also had some trips lately where I've saved a higher percentage (92% at Walgreens on Saturday buying 3 bottles of baby fever reducer).
Anyway, we've now got a half full deep freezer and a very swollen pantry. Please stop by for dinner. I'll at least cook some pasta or microwave some veggies for you.
Yesterday after church we worked in the yard (ie. Graham cut the grass and I pulled Aud in the wagon). We went to the park yesterday afternoon and it was so packed we almost didn't find a spot. Then we had to wait in line for a toddler swing! Crazy.
If I have time this week I'll post pics.

No comments:
Post a Comment