This has been one of the most difficult decisions I've ever made career-wise. Co-oping in Albany (M&M/Mars), moving to Dalton (Shaw), quitting a job without a new job (CSC), were just warm-up decisions for the day I was going to decide whether to stay with a company I love or to go work for an organization I think I'm going to love.
It's no secret that the past year was tough for me. Struggling to fill the role of new mom and then working mom was hard enough. Throw in a little congestive heart failure, and you quickly realize, life is really different. I'm simply not the same person I was in 2009. My passion and motivation have grown and evolved almost as quickly as Audrey has and I am looking forward to exploring new things.
Not to get cheesy on you, but I must say that I have the most wonderful husband. Over the course of our short marriage Graham has taught me to love what you do. He teaches K-5 PE and looks forward to every single day of work. His attitude and example have given me the realization that I don't love what I do. I like it a whole lot, but lately I'm unfulfilled.
We made this decision together. Graham has been my partner, cheerleader, devil's advocate, accountant and sounding board through this entire job process. A difficult decision is much easier to make when you have someone helping you make it.
Merial has been great through the transition. I was very very nervous about quitting, but my manager has been amazing and supportive, as has everyone else I've worked with. The person I was most nervous about telling actually told me he was proud of me and would have made the same decision in a heartbeat (pun intended).
I've made so many great friends at Merial from the Finance department where I originally started, to the sales force, training, marketing, and IT departments, and finally the Commercial Excellence/Business Intelligence groups where I am now. I will miss everyone greatly, but can say with confidence that I've made the right decision for me and my family.
The road will no doubt have speed bumps, but we are here to enjoy the ride.

2 comments:
We are proud of you too! xoxo
Congratulations on your new job!
Post a Comment