Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cardiologist Appointment

Mom, Audrey, and I went to the cardiologist yesterday at St. Joseph's.

There isn't much news. My heart function isn't better, but it isn't worse. I'm no longer in congestive heart failure (haven't been since hospital stay #2), but the cardiomyopathy will take much longer to recover from. My blood pressure was still high, but I haven't been keeping the medicine down long enough for it to have been effective.

I'm supposed to work begin conditioning my heart, working up to 40 minutes of walking a day. I can't believe when I started this pregnancy I was running miles at a time and now I've got to "work up" to walking 40 minutes.

I also saw my OB. He inspected my incision, admired his handiwork, and removed my adhesive strips. NO c-section complications! Praise the Lord!

That's about it. Boring post, I know. This a little article that I found that explains the cardiomyopathy.

http://www.womensheart.org/content/HeartDisease/cardiomyopathy_and_pregnancy.asp

No comments: