I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great time with our family. On Thursday morning we went to Graham's dad and stepmother's house for round one of overeating. We got to see lots of Graham's extended family that we don't see too often. It was hard holding back on the food because it was all so good and we had round 2 still to go!
We went to Mom and Dad's house later in the day for dinner. Mom and Dad did a great job preparing the meal for 20+ people. My brother-in-law Chris fried a turkey while Graham supervised. We had so much fun with all of the cousins (except the one that referred to me as Octomom). Unfortunately I did eat way too much, but fortunately my pants were elastic (the best part of pregnancy!).
We missed lots of folks this year. We didn't get to go to Graham's mom's house, so we missed out on seeing half of his family. His grandfather didn't make the trip to his dad's house, so we missed him too. My Aunt Marilyn and Uncle Buddy were sick and didn't make the trip from Augusta. That was especially sad because they missed baby Clayton's first Thanksgiving.
We had brunch at my house Friday morning. I think that's a much better alternative to Black Friday. I can't stand lines or crowds. I'd rather pay a premium to have space to shop, especially this year. Graham spent the day at Auburn for the Iron Bowl. It was a great game for 58 minutes, but #2 Alabama decided to show up at the end. I watched it with Whitney, Chris, and Darbie. Chris made fried pickles. To me that was much better than being at the game anyway!!
We spent Saturday down at Georgia Tech. The day started out great Graham and Chris executed the perfect tailgate, with a generator and TV + chili. Whitney and Mom had come down with the stomach virus Friday night and decided not to go. I'd been so excited about this game for weeks I wasn't going to miss it. I had the stomach virus in April, so there was no way I could get it again this year, right?
I started having contractions pretty much from the time we got down there. I ignored them at first, but they got worse and worse to the point I couldn't stand up and needed to hold onto Graham. I tried to call my doctor but he was in a delivery. Pretty soon, Darb also was feeling sick, so she and I decided to leave. It was such a disappointment because there were so many people I had planned on seeing that I didn't get to see.
Within minutes of getting home I got a call back from the doctor on call telling me to come in to get checked. Graham was still at the game and everyone in my family was sick and I didn't want to ask them to chauffeur me to Northside. I told the doctor I that my gut told me it was the stomach virus and that I wanted to wait it out a little while. I didn't have to wait long. I knew pretty soon after that that it was the stomach virus.
I was miserable all night, but it was actually better than watching GT's downfall on TV. I saw bits and pieces of the game and it was bad. Maybe I didn't have the stomach virus after all. Maybe watching that game made me sick!
I'm feeling much better tonight, but I was a lazy waste today! I'm glad Graham, Chris, and my Dad never got it. Mom, Darbie, Whitney, my Aunt, and cousin were not so lucky. It must be the Avra curse!
I'll put pictures of Thanksgiving up as soon as I can steal some off of Mom's camera!
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment