Wednesday, November 25, 2009

29 Weeks!

Today I'm 29 weeks. That means that I get to start counting backwards next week (ex. 10 weeks to go)! I also start seeing the doctor every two weeks instead of once a month.

I had a pretty good 28 week appointment. The baby is measuring right on schedule. They didn't mention weight gain and I didn't ask (or look at the scale).

I had the dreaded glucose test which had really stressed me out. Many of my girlfriends have failed that the first time. Failing means a 12 hour fast and drinking more "glucola" and having your arm poked. I want none of that at this point! I laid off the complex carbs all weekend, had an egg for breakfast, drank my glucola and headed to the doctor's office. The glucola was not nearly as bad as everyone told me. It tasted like Hawaiian Punch with extra sugar. Someone told me to stick it in the freezer for 15-20 min before I drink it. I think that was the trick!

I got a call with the good news the next day that I had passed. Unfortunately I got the bad news that my iron level had dropped to a 7. According to the nurse it's supposed to be 11-12. She busted me for taking the OTC prenatal versus what they had prescribed. I'm back on the expensive prenatal and now have to add an iron pill. Urgh! No fun. It could be worse...I could have to take the 3 hour glucose tolerance test...

I also got the H1N1 vaccine at a women's clinic that weekend. I was dead set against it after spending weeks researching it. I finally decided to get it for 2 reasons. The first is that I'm already having a hard time breathing (imagine an elephant on your chest). I can't imagine having any kind of respiratory infection on top of that. The second reason was that one of my coworkers and a friend got H1N1 that week. I knew I'd been exposed and didn't want to take any more chances. It didn't hurt at all and I didn't have side effects (other than total anxiety over making the decision).

Everything else is going pretty well. The nursery is coming along. Dad finished hanging the bead board on the walls. Graham hung the new ceiling fan. We've finally gotten all of the furniture. We've just got to paint, caulk, add trim, pick out paint, paint the walls, put together and arrange furniture, and find someone to make the bedding. I really hope she doesn't come early!!

I feel more and more uncomfortable every day. Fewer and fewer clothes fit and I'm not buying any more. I get tired so quickly and am pretty moody most of the time. Graham is very VERY patient with me. I'm very thankful for that. Patience is something good for him to practice because pretty soon he'll have two ladies to take care of!

No comments: