Monday, October 26, 2009

Get a Life!

Since my life doesn't completely revolve around all things baby, I thought I'd update everyone with what else is going on with us. I don't blog as much now because I'm too tired at night!

Last weekend we went to Auburn for a semi-annual tailgate with Whit's college friends and parents. My in-laws were able to join us as were Whitney's. It's fun when everyone can all hang out together! It was freezing cold and Auburn lost, but you wouldn't have known it because we had so much fun!

Betsy, Darbie, Whitney Graham and MeChris, Graham, and Mr. DelaneyThe Moms and girls about to do chocolate cake shots
Mr. Delaney joins them for a shot. Darb, Me,and Mom at the top of the stadium. We were in the VERY last row!!
I missed Tech homecoming because we'd already planned on going to this game. It was my first missed homecoming since 1996! Apparently it was not a good one to miss as we beat a top ranked Virginia Tech and took down the goal posts afterwards.
Okay, I'm getting tired. I knew this would happen. Here are other things going on with us:
  • Graham is getting all situated in his new school, but he still misses his Gwin Oaks and his buddies there.
  • Hudson learned how to take the top off of a jar of peanut butter and eat the contents straight from the jar. I'm sure he picked that up from me. At least when I eat it I use a spoon.
  • Our backyard flooded again. We ignored it thinking it was from rain. It was the septic tank. Whoops.
  • Graham is #2 in his fantasy league. Frank the Tank will be 6-1 after tonight.
  • I joined the Junior League of Gwinnett and North Fulton. I'm having fun getting involved and volunteering to do new things. This weekend I worked a shift at a holiday mart. I enjoyed working there and of course shopping afterwards. I bought some Christmas gifts and some ME gifts.
  • I'm "moonlighting" as a guinea pig. So far, I've gotten paid to do consumer research on baby monitors, cord blood donation, and pack and plays. It's funding our nursery!
  • Graham got to go spend an evening at Turner field and play catch on the field with his brother Zach. I'll post those pictures when I get them. I know they had a blast.
  • I'm still making waves in aquatic boot camp. It's fun and great exercise, but is starting to get too hard. I'm also outgrowing my super cool one piece.
  • Graham's volleyball season has ended after being eliminated in the playoffs. At least the Wednesday socials can continue!
  • We refinanced our house and saved ourselves an interest point. Now Baby Tucker can have a college fund!
  • This weekend we watched the Auburn/LSU game with some friends. Chris cooked a low country boil and his friend Walker built a movie screen to project the game onto. It was a lot of fun (minus the game outcome). Graham's cousin Alli was in Miss Parkview that night. I hate that we missed watching her for such a crappy game, but she still did really well without us!

Here is a pic of Alli + family that I stole off of Alli's FB page:

No comments: