Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekend Update

It's been a while since I've done a weekend update, so I'm going to try my darnedest to get started again.

This weekend was fantastic! I had Friday off. YIPPEE!! Our office was closed, so I scheduled lots of to-do's! I still ended up working a little bit, but that's okay. For once I don't feel like I'm starting off the week so far behind.

Speaking of behind...
Audrey had her PT consultation Friday morning and does not qualify at this point. They said that her walking has caught up to where it should be for a 17-18 month old. I also got lots of free tips on encouraging her mobility and speech. I've seen her try out so many new words this weekend. The problem was on the Mama and Daddy end. We've slowed our roll a little bit and learned how to communicate more efficiently with Audrey. It's been a huge success. We aren't overwhelming her with huge sentences anymore or unrealistic expectations. Score one for the parents!

We went to a neighborhood get together Friday night. It was so much fun. We pulled Aud in her wagon. She was the belle of the ball. She turned her charm up a notch for our neighbors (is that possible?). We are excited to meet some of our neighbors after 3 years in our 'hood. We hope to be able to participate in the monthly meet ups.

On Saturday Graham had his Fantasy Football Draft. That Fantasy football takes up enough time as it is. I don't want to spend any blog space talking about it. Yes, that's how I really feel. :)
I went to my friend Sarah's bachelorette party Saturday night. We had lots of fun, and more importantly embarrassed Sarah. Mission accomplished. It was okay for me to return the favor from my own bachelorette 3 years ago! The evening was not too scandalous, but I did enjoy watching Sarah's face get red as the mostly male table next to us hooted and hollered when she opened piece after piece of lingerie. Thanks to Aunt Twhitney for baby sitting!

Our alarm clock (Audrey) went off early this morning, but we are grateful she's lets us sleep through the night most of the time now. She practiced up an only child skill -- entertaining herself -- as we snoozed for another hour or so. We were able to make it to church on time. It's hard to not go these days, even when we really want to sleep in. Audrey just enjoys it too much, so we hate to deprive her! We had a hard time getting her to leave the nursery this morning.
We went to see Pop after church. He and Audrey played a game in the floor that involves scattering wine corks, putting them into a sand pail, and then transporting them back into a bottle. We were all rewarded for our hard work with some bbq sandwiches and fried chicken from Dicky Doo's. Mmmm. This is becoming a Sunday tradition.

Due to the Dicky Doo's and our Saturday night festivities, we all took cat naps this afternoon. Grandma came over to play with Audrey (and her bucket of corks) after our naps.
Well, looks like we are all wrapped up in time for Sunday night TV!

No comments: