Sunday, September 18, 2011
Weekend Update
We had another great but action packed weekend.
On Friday night we went to the Parkview High School football game. Graham's friend Justin coaches football and baseball for Parkview. The varsity baseball team won state in the spring, so they received their state championship rings at the game. Graham's cousin Alli's boyfriend, Jack, is the quarterback and a pitcher for the baseball team. We all had fun and Audrey made it through half time!
Wedding Celebrations
On Saturday Audrey and Graham had Daddy-daughter time watching Auburn play while I got my hair cut and shopped with Mom. For the first time in Audrey's life Auburn lost. She was wearing Tech colors, and I really hope that's not the reason for the AU loss. Either way, she helped the Jackets pull out a big V against Kansas (sorry, Gigi).
On Saturday night we went to my friend Sarah's wedding. Sarah looked BEAUTIFUL and I couldn't be more excited for her. Audrey got to have a spend the night party with Niecie and Pop. They had a big time and Audrey was worn out enough to sleep through the night (rare lately in our home). This morning I went to a shower for my dear friend Kristi at Chateau Elan. Beautiful shower for a beautiful friend. I'm looking forward to her wedding in October in St. Simons!
Scare
Graham played golf this afternoon, so after our naps Audrey and I went to the park. We crawled through the tunnel, slid down the slide, and swung in the swing. She LOVES to "drive" the steering wheel on the playground, so we focused most of our efforts there. Audrey probably drove and giggled for 10-15 minutes straight without letting go.
While "driving", this man came up and started tapping on the glass window to get her attention. I thought it was a little creepy, but I was standing right there, so I didn't worry too much. He kept trying to get her attention, but she didn't care about anything but driving that steering wheel. Good girl. At one point he tried to tickle her and I quickly picked her up and moved her to the next jungle gym. Weird. I noticed he was with two other guys (20's/30's) but never really saw them with any children.
We stayed another 15 minutes or so on the 2nd jungle gym and the swings. When we left we headed to Kroger. I put Audrey in the shopping cart that has the steering wheel and called Mom to tell her how funny Audrey was being in the cart. I mentioned the creepy men from the playground to her and she agreed it was strange. Less than a minute later, someone walked by our cart and tapped on the glass and waived to Audrey. Already on edge, I whipped around to see if it was someone we knew. IT WAS THE CREEPY GUY FROM THE PARK AND HIS TWO FRIENDS.
My heart started racing. After they walked away, I told Mom and then hung up. I was at the deli counter waiting on our lunch meat, so i tried to watch them. They didn't have any kids with them. What the heck? Why were they even at the playground? They walked back over to us and the guy said something to the effect of he saw us at the park. I just smiled and nodded and turned back to the deli guy. He tried to just hand me my deli meat and move on to the next customer, but I wouldn't let him walk away. I asked for more meat, then cheese, whatever I could do to keep him engaged in conversation so these creeps would go away. They continued to hang around waiting to talk to me.
Finally they walked over to the bakery and I told the deli guy that I was scared and he said he knew they were making me uncomfortable. He sent me to customer service, but I just kept walking to the other side of the store.
I continued shopping with a death grip on our cart, but was sick to my stomach. I called mom and dad back and asked if I was overreacting. I kept looking over my shoulder to see if they were still near me. I ran into our next door neighbor and told her what happened and she said it was definitely creepy. As I was checking out, I started wondering if they were in the parking lot. At this point I knew I was overreacting, but was I? I didn't know. I asked the cashier if someone could help me with my bags and told him I was a little nervous about some other customers. When I told him the story of the park, he was suspicious and got the manager. They BOTH walked me to my car and helped me with my groceries. They didn't go back into the store until I was out of the parking lot. It was probably a little overkill, but it made me feel good to know they were keeping an eye on me.
I was so creeped out by the situation and questioning whether or not I had done the right thing, that I really didn't want to go straight home alone. We went to Mom and Dad's house. My sweet neighbor called to check on us when she noticed I didn't come right home. Graham came home within a few minutes and then Audrey and I went home.
Audrey's Favorite Things This Week
Dora the Explorer (Doa Doa Doa) -- walking through the drugstore today, she spotted Dora on every coloring book, shampoo bottle, juice box, and candy bar in that store.
Cookie Monster (ccccCuh kie) -- he's on her diapers and I always say it in a scary voice, so now she whispers it back the same way when she sees him. SO CUTE!
Driving -- Her car, Daddy's car, the steering wheel at the park, the car toy at Niecie and Pop's
Raisins -- Please put the box away when they are finished or a tantrum will ensue. Same can be said for Wheat Thins.
Books -- Her favorite right now is "The Monster at the End of this Book." It actually makes her laugh out loud.
Praying -- When I tell her we are going to say prayers she folds her hands. When you say "Praise the Lord", her hands go up like touchdown. I love it! So sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh my, that is creepy. Good for you for telling people and having people walk you out. Who cares if you were overreacting (which I don't think you were) your mama bear instinct came out!
Sounds like Audry and Olivia have lots in common with liking Dora and Cookie Monster-we need to get the girls together!
Post a Comment