Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Heart Walk

This weekend was the Metro Atlanta Start! Heart Walk 5k. It was good company and a good time!

Our team had 21 walkers and 3 riders!


It meant so much to me to have so many friends and family members walking. I hope we will do it annually! If you missed it this year, please join us in 2011.

I'm so thankful for those who walked, donated, or offered words of encouragement. Handwritten thank you notes are in the works, but as usual I'm slow.
Just a little side note about sweet Audrey Anne. You can see in the picture below how irritated she looked at being woken up this early in the morning just to get pushed around in the cold. She was a good sport and slept half of the walk, but was just not her chipper self.
When we got home I fed her and noticed she was a little warm. Her temperature was 101.7! She was fussy, clingy, and soon she was throwing up. After a couple of calls to the on-call staff at Children's, we got her to keep down some pedialyte and got her temperature back down. That was just in time to put her in bed so that I could get sick!

Thanks again to all of my friends for making the walk so great!

No comments: