
Happy Mother's Day to my Mom who has taught me how to be a Mom.
Happy Mother's Day to Snooks and Grandma who I miss so much and will unfortunately never know my precious Audrey.
Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law Carolyn who raised a wonderful man to be my husband.

Happy Mother's Day to Gigi who is a fabulous mother, Grandmother, Great Grandmother.
Happy Mother's Day to my sisters Darbie and Whitney who are the greatest Moms a 4-legged creature could ever ask for.

Happy Mother's Day to my many friends and family who were already Moms or became first time Mom's this year.

Happy Mother's Day to me! I've only been a mom for 3 months now, but it's the greatest job I've ever had. I hope I'm as good of a mom to Audrey as my mom is to me.
My first Mother's day was such a special day. I realized that for the mother, it's not a day that's about you. It's a day that's about your children.
For me it was all about Audrey! She made me a mother and for that I'm so thankful. I'm so proud of her and love her very much. I spent the day thinking of how lucky I am to have her and can't wait for the day she calls me "Mama".

Our niece Hannah told me that it was an extra special Mother's Day for me because it was my first Mother's Day. I thought that was so sweet that she knew and understood that (she's almost 4). But then the more I thought about it, I realized this will be my least special Mother's Day. Audrey didn't even know it was Mother's Day (even though she managed to make me breakfast and buy me a sweet gift). I can't wait for the day that she makes me a card by gluing macaroni onto construction paper or builds a picture frame out of Popsicle sticks to show how much she loves me. Until then, I get to just love her and love being a mom. There is no better job in the world.

2 comments:
Ahh, I'm so sorry I missed it. Hannah is so sweet. She's my favorite nice-in-law. I miss Audrey!
Oh Laurel - hold on to these memories of your first Mother's Day as long as you can. Next Mother's Day, Audrey will be running around screaming and it will be so hard to remember what the year before was like. :) It's amazing how fast everything changes!!! Enjoy every minute - I know you are!
Post a Comment