Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Big Girl!

I'm a little slow with this new mom thing, so I don't have much time to blog. I feel like so much happens each week!
Audrey had her one month check up with Dr. Mahon (her pediatrician and my former pediatrician!) last week. She weighs 10.1 pounds and is 22.5 inches! That's 68 percentile for weight and 86 percentile for height. So, it looks like she got the Tucker (Taylor) genes and will be tall and skinny! Whew...bullet dodged. She might not be short like me!

Dr. Mahon said she had great feet and "expensive heels". Maybe she got something from me :)
She also got her first vaccine which broke my heart. Everyone said she'd only cry for a second and then she'd take her paci and be fine. Well that was NOT the case. She screamed like I'd never heard her scream in her short life. She didn't stop crying until we left the building and was fussy for two days. To make matters worse, her Niecie took pictures of the event. TORTURE!! What else do you expect from the woman who planted a Jack Daniels bottle on me and took a picture when I was so so sick and asleep?

Audrey has 2 new friends. Last week she had her first play date with baby Walt. We've got to discuss appropriate behavior as trying to breast feed off your new friend is not appropriate.

Her other new friend is Alaina. Alaina is 6 months or so older than Audrey and will surely be her partner in crime one day.



On Friday we went by Merial to see all of my work friends. Well, half of them. After an hour or so we were so tired I had to leave! I feel bad that I didn't get to show off Audrey Anne to everyone.
My energy still isn't quite back yet. I did see the cardiologist this week and get a promising report. My blood pressure is back in the low range now and my heart function is showing improvement. I go back in 2 weeks for another Echocardiogram. We should know more about what permanent damage there is (if any) and heart function after that. My stomach/GI issues are improving too. The lab work showed I had a nasty nasty toxin that you can really only pick up in the hospital. It's very hard to kill if you have a weakened immune system which is why it came back. I just finished round 2 of antibiotics, so lets hope it stays gone. That means I'm down to just 4 different prescriptions. I never thought I'd be so excited about that!

Enjoy the new pix for your Audrey fix!


She likes to sleep with her hand in the air. This is her "no paparazzi" pose. Drama queen!

2 comments:

Whitney Krauth Delaney said...

Cute Pictures! I miss her!

Katie Corriher Monroe said...

Awe!!! Audrey is so cute!!!! Glad to hear all checkups went well!!