Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Half Way There!

I'm twenty weeks today! I've made it this far, I guess I should keep going :) Not that I really have a choice.

I feel great, my tail bone pain is not nearly as severe and I haven't gotten the sharp pains in nearly 2 weeks. Meat isn't making me want to vomit, but I'm not really wanting it either. I'm sticking "out there" now, but I don't really have any pictures. I feel silly taking the "belly shot", so I haven't done it. People keep asking, so maybe I'll give in. Probably not though. It's a photo angle I've managed to avoid for 30 years, so why does anyone want to see that now? Moving on...I'm feeling more baby movement, but I can't really tell you what it is. It could be a head, foot, arm, but I have no idea. Graham hasn't felt it yet, but hopefully he will soon.

Speaking of "IT", we find out the sex on Friday. I really REALLY wanted to keep the date a secret and not tell anyone when we found out. I've seen some friends get overwhelmed with emails and phone calls the day they find out. I didn't want that to be us. I really wanted it to be a private thing for Graham and me that day. We'd planned a special dinner for our parents where we would reveal the sex for Friday night. For different reasons, we ended up having to tell both sets of parents why we were having them over for dinner that night so they wouldn't reschedule on us. I'm a little sad that our surprise was foiled, but they will still be surprised.

I hear it goes pretty quickly in the 2nd half. We haven't bought one single piece of furniture, baby blanket, onesie, or stuffed animal. Once we know the sex, we'll start shopping and putting together the nursery. I nearly had an anxiety attack after looking at Babies R Us. I'm not ready to register! I've got good friends though and I know they'll help us narrow it down.

By the way, no matter the sex, the baby's name will be kept a secret. Our families and friends are too opinionated to tell beforehand! Don't try to pry or guess. That's just tacky (and totally something I'd do)!


One sweet side note...My doctor's office is near the old section of Norcross. Graham took me to Dominick's there for our first date 3 years ago. We are going there together for lunch before the appointment. I'm excited!


Don't forget to vote. You've got just over a day!!! It's anonymous, so anyone can vote.

You'll be hearing from us this weekend!

Until then,

Laurel

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I'm excited that you're going to find out what kind of bread you've been baking! And good for you for keeping the name a secret :) I don't blame you on the belly pics, but we all do want to see how cute you look!

Anonymous said...

Aww, going out to lunch at your first date place--that's so sweet. So now it will hold double wonderful memories for all 3 of you!