Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hello? Anyone out there?

I recognize I've been totally MIA, but it's not because we haven't had anything interesting going on. Well, let me rephrase that. We've had lots going on, and it is interesting, but probably just to us. For now, I'll spare you the mundane details of chronicling of our newly-wedded bliss.


We breezed through January. I was excited about the prospect of finally having our weekends back (previously held hostage by football and all things holiday). I was so excited to experience what being a newlywed on a weekend was really like. We've gotten our weekday routine down...Graham makes the coffee and makes the bed, I feed the dogs and take them out. I cook dinner, he sets the table TV trays and does the dishes. I've really been looking forward to developing a weekend routine. Last Saturday was fantastic; a perfect day. The day started with a dozen roses and breakfast in bed in pj's. We ran errands all morning with the dogs. Graham even took me FABRIC SHOPPING. No complaining either!!! He took me to dinner at our favorite date restaurant, Harry and Sons in Virginia Highlands. (Okay, before someone points out that it was Valentine's day, I remind you it's my blog and I can pretend that Graham would do all of this no matter what). I was thinking how great life was picturing that this was what every Saturday would be like! Then, just like that, it ended. My friends, baseball has begun.

I now have my Saturdays back, but have lost my husband to another sport. Maybe one day Graham and I will have our Saturdays. Until then, you can find us at this ball park.





Here are a few shout outs to keep you all updated:

  • This couple just got ENGAGED! Congrats Adam and Jessica!
  • Kyle and Christine came to visit last weekend. Please move back!! Soon?
  • Garn and Rachel just celebrated 1 year together...They didn't even buy Graham and I a gift. Next time we'll charge a finder's fee up front.
  • William got a tooth! TWO of them!
  • Berkmar won their first game (a scrimmage counts as a game in my book)
  • Emily and Curi had babies...Welcome Logan and Nora!
  • Ellen ran her first marathon!
  • Kelly and Zach bought a house!
  • Drew joined facebook
  • Alex got a job at Merial
  • I moved downstairs (HA...not in the house silly, at work)
  • Graham constructed cornice boards for me!
  • Pongo learned how to bring the ball back to me (who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!)
  • Malissa and Winfield got ENGAGED!!!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

YAY! We got mentioned! I can't wait to be closer to you guys so we can hang out more.

Our weekends have been filled with house stuff. So, like you, I am ready to get into some kind of normal routine. But that wont happen for at least a month or two. Boo!

Ellen said...

I don't think that we'll ever have weekends without sports. Recruiting for football is even considered a sport in our house.

Thanks for the shout out on the blog. Also, my condolences on the move downstairs at work. I know that Walt and Eddie miss you.

Let's make some plans to get together soon.