***Update--Gwinnett County got 5 inches...that's a big deal in these parts! Fulton and Dekalb (our neighbors) only got 1.5. No wonder I thought people were crazy for saying they were going to work tomorrow or were out driving around in it.***
I took these pictures earlier today when there was a brief pause in the snow. At this point it had started to melt a little and was beginning to turn slushy. That lasted long enough for it to dip back below 32. It started snowing big fluffy flakes after that. We got a few more inches on top of this. I didn't take a picture of that. I'm nice and toasty inside, thank you very much!
In Atlanta, it snows around an inch every couple of years. Every 5-10 years we get a big one (2-3 inches). This is our big one! It's also our first one in the Tuckered Out-house. It was so nice to have it on a Sunday! I hope we can get to work tomorrow. It's not looking good for Gwinnett County schools. Graham's poor JV team is going to have to reschedule their game a third time.
Hudson likes to play in the snow. Graham makes snowballs and throws them. Hudson thinks they are toys and chases them. Once he gets it in his mouth he gets confused. "Do I bring this back or eat it?" As you can see, Pongo's toes don't touch the ground when it snows.
This is my new herb garden. I've got to finish painting the pots that will go on the bottom rack. I ALMOST bought plants yesterday to put in there. That's our hot tub just beyond the plants. I wish we'd thought to turn on the heat. It would have been fun to enjoy the pretty snow flakes in the hot tub.
This is the day which the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

1 comment:
Hey, we northerners, i.e. Calhoun, got NO snow! Hope you enjoyed it as much as we would have! :)
Beth
Post a Comment