Audrey was much more aware of Christmas this year. She still didn't really get the whole Santa thing (nor did we do the elf), but she was able to point out who Santa was and would even try to say it. She REALLY got into the present opening. Most of her gifts pertained to Dora or were wrapped in Dora paper. I wish I loved anything in the world as much as she loves Dora.
We "modified" our Christmas schedule a little bit this year to be more streamlined. Each family got a day: Christmas Eve with the Krauths, Christmas Day with the Millers and Taylors, the day after with the Tuckers. Since I've heard Graham brag about our new schedule to multiple people I'll call it a success!
I really missed going to my parents' house Christmas morning, but I was glad Audrey got to take her time seeing what Santa brought her. We also really missed Graham's family tradition of Christmas Eve church service at North Decatur and Athens Pizza for dinner. Mom's famous lasagna helped us get over it. I think Audrey was alright with the switching up of the church services because Cannon had a petting zoo with their live nativity. It should surprise no one that Audrey was more excited about "Baby Chee" (aka baby Jesus) than she was the animals. "Baby Chee" looked like one of her dolls. She had no problem patting it on the head. The sheep, goats, and horses were a tougher sell!
| Baby Chee! Can I pet him? |
We are blessed beyond belief. Many would even call it spoiled. You might not believe it by watching my video or reading my posts, but we do know and understand the true meaning of Christmas...we will do our best to make sure Audrey understands why we celebrate this special birthday as she gets older. I feel only mildly guilty that we allowed ourselves to get caught up in the special traditions that come with celebrating Christmas. It was the best Christmas we've had in a long time and we have no regrets.
Merry Christmas (a little late!) from the Tuckers. We hope you too were able to see Christmas through the eyes of a child!
![]() |
| My elf on the shelf |
| Our sweet girl |
| Audrey ecstatic over a Dora bath toy |


1 comment:
Precious pictures and memories. And I love how you worked out a way to see everyone :-)
Post a Comment