Thursday, October 21, 2010

8.5 Months!

I'm behind as usual, but extremely behind this month. We stay busy with Audrey, but my spare time (ha!) has been extra tied up lately and I haven't been getting much sleep.

I hate that I missed taking the 8 month picture because Audrey has grown like a weed in the past 2 weeks. She looks more like a toddler and less like a baby. Sad and exciting all at the same time!!

She's not doing much new, just doing everything she was doing better. She eats better, claps better, sits better, etc. Sleeping -- not so much. The first week of October was such a nightmare, that I ended up missing 2 days of work and taking her to the doctor. NOTHING was wrong with her. They said it's probably her teeth, but 3 weeks later we have no new teeth. If I'm going to be up at all hours, I can't think of a person I'd rather be with.

It's so neat to start seeing different parts of Graham and me in Audrey. Like Graham, she's organized and follows a routine. But like me, she's a free spirit and not bound by time. She's going to be ADD like me. I think that's why she's not crawling. She starts out after a toy, but then stops to take a break, which leads to looking at her feet, which leads to rolling over, which leads to finding a different toy, which makes her clap, you see where this is going...

Audrey has become very aware of her brothers, Pongo and Hudson. She gets so excited to see them. She laughs and claps for them and tries to pet them any time they get close. She has started pulling on Huddy's tail and Pongo's ears, but they are so patient with her. Once she's more mobile things will really get interesting. She loves her dog cousins...Haiden, Maya, and Lola.

1 comment:

Lisa M. said...

So, so cute! Thanks for the update. Love her costume!!