It was a little bittersweet to let it go (sort of), but I'm glad there is a nice family living there. I hope that they will love that little house as much as I did.
It was such a perfect little starter home and meant so much to me when I bought it. Here is a picture:
Graham was so sweet to drop all of his plans on both Saturday and Tuesday night to go help me move the rest of my stuff. We'd already moved the good stuff, so this was just the crummy stuff (ladders, garden hoses, cleaning stuff, and old things I just can't part with).
My good friend Anne was so sweet to help hook us up with a house cleaner and a landscaper to do the rest of the dirty work. She even put her kids to work hauling out 5 years of Real Simple Magazines that I finally parted with.
I'll really miss the old place, but will be glad to not have the extra mortgage hanging over my head or the drive every few weeks. I'll miss my friends and the neighborhood!

No comments:
Post a Comment